Monday, November 5, 2007

The Orange and I

Exams are coming up tomorrow, so to take a break from studying, i decided to entertain you guys with a senseless post.

As some of you might know, i absolutely HATE eating fruits. So i dont know what came over me today. After lunch, i walked past that fruit bowl in the kitchen, but this time, i did a double take. That orange looked so special sitting on a pile of apples. I HAD to eat it.

Took it back to my room, stared at it, and started peeling. Couldnt figure out how to.

I mean, for 18 years ive been watching people peel oranges with their hands before eating them, it looked so simple! Start from the top, peel the skin, eat the fruit. Call me a stupid moron, but by all that was holy, i couldnt get it done.

This was after i worked on it for a few minutes.

couple minutes later, PROGRESS WAS DOUBLED!

then i had a breakthrough, finally made a hole big enough to see the juicy fruit in there. So with my two hands smelling like oranges, with some skin in-between my fingernails, i kept peeling

VIOLA!

Finally getting rid of the skin, i put one slice into my mouth and chewed on it.

And remembered why i hated eating fruits in the 1st place, immediately after chewing on it, my mouth started tingling. Allergy? I dont know, but my mouth got damn itchy, this is what happens when i eat fruits. Thats why i havent had a fruit since god knows when.

So yeah, i figured the 1st fruit i ate this year was worth a post. lol. I hope i dont die from a sudden overdose of vitamin C

No comments: